Our Privacy & Security Policy
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared and we will use your information carefully and sensibly. We comply with the Data Protection Act and treat your information in strict confidence. By visiting FeedARead.com, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to FeedARead.com is controlled by the office of FeedARead.com.
Collection and Use of Personal Information About Members and Customers
The information we receive from members and customers helps us to personalize and continually improve your experience as a writer, book customer or other user of FeedARead.com. We use the information to assist writer members with their writing and offer publishing and other services. We use customer and user information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, services, products and promotional offers, keep our records up to date, maintain your accounts with us, and to recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use information we receive to improve our customer services, prevent or detect fraud or abuses on our website and enable third parties as applicable to carry out technical, logistical or other functions to enable the delivery of our site and services.
These are the types of information we gather. We comply with the Data Protection Act and treat your information in strict confidence.
• Information you give us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or impart to us in other ways. You can choose not to provide certain information, however, you will need to be aware that if you choose to do this you might not be able to take advantage of all of the site’s features and functions.
• E-mail communications: We use email correspondence to help us personalize and continually improve your experience as a new writer, user or book customer at FeedARead.com. All correspondence is treated in strictest confidence. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please change your communication preferences on your user account page. It is your responsibility to do this if you have an account with the site, and not our responsibility to do it for you. This includes the right for you to cancel your Site account should you wish to from your user account page. If you are a Site member, click on your account page and access your communication preferences and account preferences from there. Your account enables you to choose whether to receive correspondence from us.
• Business transfers and delivery of services: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice unless the customer consents otherwise.
• Delivery of Services: When delivering services for members and for customers we employ other companies and individuals to undertake functions to deliver services to you. For example, printing books, distributing book and author information to printers and booksellers, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. The functionaries who undertake such delivery of services as outlined in the paragraph may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK Data Protection Act.
• Protection of FeedARead.com, our members and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe it appropriate to comply with law, to enforce or apply our conditions of use in our User Agreement, or to protect the rights, property or safety of FeedARead.com, our members or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
• With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
Information Security Protection
• We protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input to the accepted secure standard for web transactions. SSL is provided and approved by high street banks and used by major websites such as Paypal and Amazon
• We maintain physical, procedural and electronic security and safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may need to request proof of identity, and you agree to provide this, before we disclose personal information to you.
• We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit, debit or payment card number to the appropriate credit card, bank or other established payment processing service during order processing as per standard banking industry practices and their secure use of security systems.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Terms and Conditions, Notices and Revisions
If you choose to visit FeedARead.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our user agreement and terms and conditions including limitations on damages and application of English law. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we collect about you and your account to enable the use of our site and services. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of user and customer information collected without the consent of customers.